Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gingerbread Man

The other day I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and I found a gem in the clearance boxes!!! Color Club's Gingerbread Man! Oh holy cow, do I loooove this polish.

As I was applying it, I thought I smelled gingerbread cookies. But I thought I was just psyching myself out, because of the name. But the more I smelled it, I had to google it. And sure enough! This is a scented polish from their 2011 Christmas line. I am SO glad I picked this one up for less than $3!

Now, I wanted to take photos of just the gingerbread man, but my hubby distracted me as I was doing my nails and I started stamping before I took pictures. But I think the stamping is subtle enough for you guys to see the beauty of Gingerbread Man. Sorry for not paying more attention. Boo on me.

I used Fingerpaint's Tiffany Imposter for the stamping. I'm really impressed with how opaque the polish was for stamping! Sometimes it is hard to find a stamping polish that isn't Konad's Special Polish.

Here's what I did:
1 coat Sally Hansen's Double Duty base coat
1 coat Orly's base coat
2 coats Color Club Gingerbread Man
1 coat Seche Vite
Stamping with Tiffany Imposter and Bundle Monster plate BM-223
1 coat Seche Vite

I have never used a Color Club polish before. I've heard wonderful things about their polish, but I have never been lucky enough to run into this brand until the other day. I have yet to find a local store that carries this brand.

Gingerbread Man is amazing. The formula is beautiful. It is completely opaque in 2 thin coats. Loooove that! It seems to be a foil type polish...which I love. My other gold is so thin, it takes like 3 or 4 coats to become opaque...and it doesn't have this foil goodness.

I will say, Gingerbread Man did take a while for it to dry. I messed up a few nails...but they aren't THAT noticeable. I don't know if it is because this polish is older or if it is just how it is made. But to me, it doesn't matter. I will take a few screwed up nails for this gorgeous color!

Loooooove Tiffany Imposter. One of my favorite polishes! <3



What do you all think about this manicure? Would you try it? If any of you know where I can find the rest of this Christmas line, let me know. I love having my fingers smell like cookies! <3

Until next time...

Christina


Disclosure *I was not paid for this review. I was not given the polish for this review. I paid for the polish with my own money. This is purely my own opinion, thoughts, and suggestions about this polish.*

5 comments:

  1. omg I would buy this just for the smell :P I don't even mind the crappy drying time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! I couldn't find an email address to tell you. The details are on my blog under Blog awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! Yes, i would totally try this manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you all!!! <3 <3 I really really love this manicure. I feel like I came right out of Morocco or India!

    ReplyDelete