Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ringer

Gooood morning!!! This morning I have an indie polish to share with you.

I have heard a lot of hype around Max Factor's Fantasy Fire and Darling Diva Polish's Ringer. So I bought Ringer, the cheaper of the two. (Fantasy Fire comes in a tiny bottle, and I was not about to pay $16.00 for a mini bottle of polish!) You can find Darling Diva Polish's Etsy shop HERE!

So here's what I did:
1 coat Orly's Tough Cookie base coat
2 coats Orly's Fowl Play
1 coat DDP Ringer
1 coat Seche Vite

Now, I am not going to lie, I was not in love with Ringer at first. I had placed it over a blue, and I didn't see what all the hype was about. Yeah, the glitter is really glittery and the duo chrome red to greenish gold is really pretty. But I didn't know why it was so coveted.

So I decided to place it over a darker color. And Fowl Play was in my untried pile, so I said, why not?

Fowl Play by itself is gorgeous. It has redish glitter in with the purple yummy creme. I absolutely love this polish. The formula was amazing. It was completely opaque in two coats. I love the color, I loved the brush, I love everything. I am SO glad I purchased Fowl Play.

When I placed Ringer over Fowl Play, it really brought Fowl Play to life!! I know what you all are saying "But Christina! Fowl Play by itself has so much to it, and is SOOOO beautiful on it's own!!" I agree. But something about adding Ringer to the mix made it come ALIVE.

It sparkled so much in the sun. And I honestly don't know if I can ever wear Fowl Play without my trusty Ringer.

Now, the application of Ringer was one of the best I've seen since Hungry Asian's Sneeze Breeze and Sea Creature! It was sooo easy to apply. And one coat gave enough glitter goodness that I didn't feel the need to do two. I will for sure be using this polish sparingly, since DDP is currently out of stock!

All in all, another great manicure, another great purchase, and a happy momma on this end! I couldn't stop staring at my nails, and I didn't want to take it off! It is so gorgeous!! I think I will be trying Ringer by itself soon. It'll take about 4 coats to build it up, since it is so sheer. It is really like a jelly...a yummy, sparkly, glittery, duochrome jelly. YUM.

I also have a little bit of news to report. I am currently doing a NO BUY challenge. I have been spending WAY too much on nail polish, and I have gone from only a few (maybe 10 polishes) to almost 160 since I started this blog a month ago. That is BAD. So I have promised myself that I will not be making any more polish purchases until July 17th 2012. It is going to be SO hard. But I know I can do it.

But I can accept gifts. ;)

Until next time....

Christina

PS:
Buying a few polishes for a giveaway doesn't count, right?? ;)


Disclosure *I was not paid for this review. I was not given the polish for this review. I paid for the polish with my own money. This is purely my own opinion, thoughts, and suggestions about this polish.*

1 comment: