Thursday, March 15, 2012

Do nails breathe?

I have been looking at hundreds of nail blogs the past few weeks. (I've been crazy sick with a cold, and have had a ton of time to blow on the inter webs) A lot of people think nails do not need to breathe, or that they do. In my education, I was taught that they do not need to breathe at all. Nail polish is actually really good for nails. I keeps them strong and healthy. But what I have found is they do need a break. If you are like me and only use 100% acetone to remove polish, you do need to give your nails a good hour to rehydrate. I've been using Solar cuticle oil for over 6 years and I swear by it. It keeps your nails and cuticles hydrated. I also pair it with lotion. After removing any polish, I do let them hydrate for an hour. As I'm sure most of you know, oils and lotions will cause polish not to stay well. So before I apply more, I have to clean them with more acetone to get rid of any oils. That is why I let them hydrate and soak up all the oils for an hour before applying more polish. it is important to hydrate your nails. It keeps them from peeling, breaking, and keeps them healthy. Your hands and nails create their own oils, but of you keep removing it, they'll never stay strong. So please remember, HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE!!! And also remember to drink a lot of water! Water not only helps your body, but it helps your nails and your skin! I am a caffeine addict, but I try to drink as much water in between as possible. It keeps my skin on my face clear, and makes me feel better. I have also been taking Biotin. I love this stuff. It really does help your hair and nails grow! I suggest checking with your doctor to see if Biotin is the right supplement for you!

Now onto the polish I previously posted about. Today was day three, and I had a ton of chips everywhere. Tops, by my cuticles, and it looked like it was not going to stop. So I am currently rehydrating, and then I will paint paint paint. I'm not sure what I will be doing, but photos are in my future!

Until next time...

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment