Monday, April 30, 2012

Buffy the Violet Slayer

Good morningish! I have a very difficult to photograph polish to share with you today! Plus some exciting new polishes to list!

First, the polish.
Here I have Buffy the Violet Slayer by Wet n Wild. First, let me just tell you, this is not the true color of this polish! It is one of those purples that is IMPOSSIBLE to photograph. The truest color is the back of the bottle, in the shadows. It is a deep grape color. But almost a neon grape. It is stunning!!! The application of this polish was cake!

Here's what I used:
1 coat Sally Hansen's Double Duty base coat
1 coat Orly's base coat
2 coats Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer
1 coat Orly's Won't Chip top coat.

These photos make this color look SO much more blue than it actually is. And you can't see how insanely glossy this polish is! It honestly looks like I have colored shiny plastic on my nails! It is so pretty! I love love love this color/polish!!

It went completely opaque in just two coats! And even though you can kind of see brush strokes in the photos, there are NONE in sight in real life. I wish I could have each and every single one of you come visit me via teleportation just for one day so you could see the true beauty of this polish!

Again, this is SO much bluer in the photos. Bummer.

So, last night, my neighbor/friend came over to drop off some polish! I am doing her nails once a week and I told her she can pay me in nail polish! I think that's a great deal!! ;)

Any who, she gave me 8 polishes that she's had and isn't using any more. I felt like it was Hanukkah in April!!! Here's what she brought over:
Sally Hansen's Burgundy Bungalow
NYC's Wing it Wine Creme
Petites Cranberry
NYC's Black Lace Creme
Sally Hansen's Flawless
OPI OPI on Collins Ave
OPI Big Hair, Big Nails

AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDD

The coveted
OPI My Private Jet!!!! I have been wanting this polish for a long time! And she had the right formula with the holo sparkles! YUM YUM YUM!!!!

So, of course I couldn't wait to use My Private Jet for my first time ever! I added it to one nail of this manicure.

 Look how gorgeous it is! And the crazy part....The purple on my ring finger is VERY close to what BTVS looks like in real life!! Weird, huh? In real life, MPJ one top of BTVS is much darker than this. But crazy gorgous! I think I will have to add MPJ to all my nails!!! <3 <3 <3 I am in LOOOOOVE!!! So thank you Jessi!!! <3 <3 <3

What do you all think of this manicure? Do you own OPI My Private Jet? Which formula do you have???

Until next time....

Christina


Disclosure *I was not paid for this review. I was not given the polish for this review. I paid for the polish with my own money. This is purely my own opinion, thoughts, and suggestions about this polish.*

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love love love this color. I just wish I could photograph the true color!

      Delete