Friday, April 13, 2012

Galaxy

I am sure you all are SO sick of seeing Galaxy nails...but I have never tried it...so here we go!

I would have loved to take photos with all the polishes I used...but I would end up with a lot of photos. If you are interested in the colors, I can photograph them together, and list them. But for now we will just call them by their color. Any combination of these colors will work!

Here's my process:
1 coat Sally Henson's Double Duty base coat.
1 coat Orly's base coat.
2 coats Pure Ice Black Rage.
I sponged on the design.
1 coat of Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty
1 coat of Seche Vite

 I used a white, yellow, pink, teal glitter, and a little bit of Hard Candy Beetle. I used my dotter for the white stars. Then added the silver glitter on top for more stars.

I learned how to do this manicure on Youtube. The link to the tutorial is HERE.

It was SOOO easy! Easier than I thought it would be. And I think it turned out beautifully! :D

And the surprising part of it all, this manicure does not feel thick at all. I was worried it would feel like I had a billion coats on...but not at all!!!!

I also found a new cure all for my yuck cuticles. As my readers, you know I have been fighting with them for about a month or so now. I found my cure!!!

Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover! This stuff is STRONG, so I only use it MAYBE once a week. I don't like to be harsh on my skin...so I try for once every other week. I love it! I follow the directions on the bottle, and this stuff just takes away all the cuticle grossness. I love it! I wash my hands after use, and then apply Solar Oil and lotion. I am so so so happy I found this stuff!!!



Since it is like 10am here in Oklahoma, I thought I would share my morning routine with you all.

I literally sit in front of this computer reading the 70 blogs I am subscribed to. I drink my coffee, and read everything on my reading list. I make breakfast for my munchkins, and then get to work on planning my next manicure, looking at nail polishes, searching for the coveted Connect The Dots polish (which can be bought on ebay for a low price of $89.95!!!), and read read read, comment comment comment. I try so hard to cheer on other nail blogs, comment on new discoveries or awesome manicures, and give any advice if it is asked for. I am working very hard to get this blog going. So I hope all the people I follow do the same thing. Because what I have found in searching for nail blogs: The people with the smallest number of followers always have awesome stuff! No lie. I'm not saying people with a billion followers have lame blogs. They have AMAZING blogs, which is why they have a billion followers. I'm just saying that people like me, who have a few followers, usually have very interesting blogs.

To all you small blogs out there in interweb world: Keep on blogging!! I know I am! Keep up with the dedication and great work! If I have found you, I'm reading!!! If I haven't found you....I WILL!!!

Until next time.....

Christina


Disclosure *I was not paid for this review. I was not given the polish for this review. I paid for the polish with my own money. This is purely my own opinion, thoughts, and suggestions about this polish.*

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for following my blog hon!! Love your manicure. Looking forward to your future posts ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous! i have only seen this type of manicure a few times and would love to try it! i don't think i have the patince to though! lol!!
    i'm gonn look for the cuticle remover you mentioned above!! thank you for sharing =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails turned out amazingly well. You should be seriously proud. I do agree with the whole small blog=amazing stuff. A lot of blogs gain followers though huge and frequent giveaways. Your blog will fly through the ranks because you actually take the time to talk to people and earn the followers you have.That's why I follow you anyway.Your posts aren't just about throwing something up. They actually have substance to them and they are interesting and insightful :)
    That sally hansen cuticle remover is huge :O I think i'll get it. I hate the look of cuticles and they always make my nails look crap in swatches :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @amy, you must try this! It is so fun!!!

    @cuti-clue-les your comment seriously just made my day!!! I am lucky to have such a nice follower!!! I do try hard at this blog. And I might do small giveaways (mainly because I don't have billions of dollars to spend), but I do not want to gain followers based on giveaways. There is no guarantee they'll read it. I write to be read. :) That Sally Henson cuticle remover really is amazing! I think I paid 7.99

    ReplyDelete
  5. For for it. That is what I meant to add to that sentence. Lol

    ReplyDelete