Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sage in the City

Hello nail bloggers/readers!! I hope you all are having a fantastic day!!

Yesterday I picked up a little something at my local Walgreens. Wet n Wild came out with their Summer Getaway line, put the polishes in tiny 5mL bottles, and packaged them all together for $3.99. Great price for me! I also really enjoy smaller bottles. That way if I hate the color, I don't feel bad for spending more on one polish.

 They all have super clever names...or at least I'm sure Wet n Wild thought they were clever. I only have an issue with one of the names.

In this kit you get:
Buffy the Violet Slayer: This is a gorgeous purple color.
I haven't tried all of these...well, honestly, I've only tried one, but I'm planning on swatching all of these through out the week. This is a darker purple color, that appears to have lots of shimmer.

9.0.2.1.Orange: Looks like an orange jelly with lots and lots of orange glitter. I'm excited to try this one!

FuchsiaRama: This one looks more purple to me in the bottle. It looks like a creme polish...but who knows, it might lighten up to a dark fuchsia. (I love this name because I am a huge Futurama fan. lol)

How I Met Your Magenta: This honestly does not look magenta to me. It is hot pink. It is a cute pink, with lots of shimmer. I can't wait to swatch this one for ya.

The Wonder Yellows: This one looks to be a yellow frost with lots of shimmer. I'm excited about this one too..but I have a feeling I will need a more opaque polish to go under it.

And finally, the color that I have swatched for you today:

Sage in the City.

First of all: I do not wear green. I don't think it looks good on my fingers or with my skin. I have an olive skin tone...so I feel like it draws out the green in my skin color.

Second: Nice try Wet n Wild. Trying to be so clever made you look like you're colorblind. THIS IS NOT SAGE. This is almost lime green! We'll call it a dark lime green. I do like this color, but the name really bothers me. Whoever made this color and was like "Hey guys, let's call this SAGE IN THE CITY! Get it? A spin off of SEX IN THE CITY! GENIUS!" is an idiot. They could have called it Glime...like GLEE with lime, or Lime and Order. Or what about The LIME word. Sigh.

Anyway, on to the polish.

I found this polish to be awfully thick. And it left visible brush strokes. The good part was it only took two coats to become completely opaque. I really really really DO like this color! A lot! I wish it looked good on me, cause I would wear it all the time!!

All of these photos were taken with my flash...as it is night time. (I'm going to be super busy this weekend, so I am swatching and writing my posts and post dating them for the actual day I want it posted. Pretty genius Blogger. Kudos to you for making this function for us crazy busy moms.)

I also think their Fastdry technology isn't really that fast. They advertise that one coat will dry in 60 seconds. But with my one coat of Sally Hansen's Double Duty base coat, two coats of Sage in the City, and one coat of Seche Vite, I don't feel like it dried all that fast. After a few minutes, it felt dry, but was dentable. But then again, it was a pretty thick polish. Maybe I got a bad batch.

What do you all think of this color? Do you think I should brave green, and wear it more often? Is it just my eyes that see how terrible it looks on me??

Until next time....

Christina

Ps:
My Mercury Twilight took a few hours before chipping. :( Boo. But I really think it was because I had my hands in water a lot.



Disclosure *I was not paid for this review. I was not given the polish for this review. I paid for the polish with my own money. This is purely my own opinion, thoughts, and suggestions about this polish.*

2 comments:

  1. Christina you crack me up!! I agree with you on the name - the ones you came up with were far better then theirs!! Also i really like this color but couldn't wear it myself. This post made me chuckle - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I aim to please! And laughing is the best medicine. I wish I was always this funny. HAHA

      Delete