Thursday, May 10, 2012

Gradient Stripes

Good morning! I have a fun manicure to share with you all!!! I entered into a contest on Instagram, which required stripes. I plan on entering as many times as possible, while improving my striping skills. So expect several striped manicures. Lol.

So here's what I did:
1 coat Sally Hansen's Double Duty base coat
1 coat Orly's Bonder base coat
I sponged on:
Wet n Wild Through the Grapevine
Wet n Wild On a Trip
L'oreal Jet Set to Paris

Then with tape, I taped off my mani and added Pure Ice Black Rage. And topped it all off with Orly's No Chip top coat

I'm still not very good at the whole taping things off, and painting over them. My tape never ends up even, and I had a huge issue with paint coming off when I removed the tape. I just then took a paint brush and fixed the problem spots.

The colors sponged on great though! It was cake! And of course, my Black Rage glided on like jelly.

My ring finger did get a little messed up, but I really don't think it was that bad. It could have been worse, that's for sure!!

What do you all think of this manicure? What would you like to see in my next stripe manicure? Ideas? Suggestions? I value all of your input, so I will try whatever you guys throw at me! :)

Until next time...

Christina




Disclosure *I was not paid for this review. I was not given the polish for this review. I paid for the polish with my own money. This is purely my own opinion, thoughts, and suggestions about this polish.*

8 comments: